Lowcountry Insurance & Financial Services Inc was established in 2000 by our founder, Jim Pate – a native of Georgetown. He has worked for larger companies such as Allstate, New York Life, Metlife and Prudential, being presented with some of the highest recognitions these companies award. Having been in the insurance business for 20+ years, Jim recognized the need for more Pawleys Island insurance options than were available at the time in our coastal communities. Jim now manages all life, health and retirement services for the agency. He currently holds an LUCTF designation.
To help grow the organization, Jim brought in his daughter, Angela Pate Chandler, as Managing Partner in 2001. She is also a Georgetown native with a finance degree and an MBA. Her prior experience was in mortgage lending, having owned her own mortgage company in Charleston, SC. She now manages all operations including personal and business lines of insurance.
Our mission is to provide personalized services and products to meet the needs of our growing coastal communities. Being family owned, we value each individual and strive to treat each one like a family member – helping to protect their lives and assets with coverage from the most reputable carriers available in our marketplace.
Our commitment is to:
- Act on the client’s behalf, not the carrier’s.
- Identify what the client’s specific needs are and access multiple carriers to deliver products that meet those needs.
- Be the client’s advocate when shopping coverages, servicing their accounts and reporting claims.
- Save the client money without compromising coverage or quality.
- Establish a variety of carrier relationships in order to customize coverages for clients.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and educate clients about the affects these will have on them.
- Provide prompt, friendly service including emergency phone numbers, Internet account access, and email.
- Hire experienced and qualified individuals that possess not only the skill set necessary for the job function, but also a friendly, caring personality.
- Commit our staff to continued education so they may be more knowledgeable in serving the client.
- Be a local business that supports its surrounding communities.