Protect your home from unexpected events with Myrtle Beach Insurance.
Basic protection you should have:
- Dwelling Coverage to rebuild or repair the home taking into consideration current building costs and similar materials. Land value and market value are not considered.
- Other Building or Structures on your property – an outbuilding, fence, pool, gazebo, driveway
- Personal Belongings – furniture, clothing, appliances
- Additional Living Expense or Fair Rental Value
- Personal Legal Liability
- Medical Expenses to others
Other coverages or options:
- Additional Replacement Cost Coverage (dwelling)
- Replacement Cost Coverage (contents)
- Water/Sewer Backup
- Identity Theft
- Equipment or Mechanical Breakdown
- Personal Articles Endorsement
- Animal/Dog Liability
What factors affect home insurance rates?
- Client – age, occupation, residence history, claims history, credit history, pets
- Home – location (zip code, county, distance to tidal water, distance to fire station), year built, construction type, roof type and age, occupancy
- Coverages – replacement value, limits, deductibles
- Security Systems – centrally monitored for fire and/or burglary
- Gated communities
- Wind Mitigation Credits – homes with added hurricane protection, those built in 2003 and later or those that have had recent updates may qualify for wind mitigation credits
- Payment plans – paid in full, monthly installments, drafts
- Multi-policy discounts – having more than one policy with the agency and/or carrier.
- Some factors are impersonal and carrier related.
Call us today to learn more about homeowner’s insurance.